Saturday 19 October 2013

Holy Lekking Lizards!

I haven't had much time to get near an internet connection this past week. However, about 900 images on my new camera, and about 300 thermal images has given me a lot to sift through on this trip. I thought this was funny. The sign below points to the Playa del Amor (Lover's Beach).

DSC 0375 Evidently, marina iguanas can read signs since this is where all the lekking males hang out:

DSC 0599 I can't really post any videos (since it's not breeding season here anyway, but I also can't upload large files), so I will cross post to someone who has written blogs on this: http://zoologyweblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/marine-iguana-lek.html I can see why my host here is fascinated with marine iguanas. Easy to approach and fascinating to watch for hours at a time. Unfortunately, my tourism trips got in the way of iguana watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment